Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Get Your Sparkle On

Get Your Sparkle On.  Its that time of year again; winter shows, competition wind up, the holiday's, and oh yes the OLYMPICS. 
I am very excited to watch the Olympics  - my DD snuggles up close, she is watching the skaters, but I am watching the outfits and counting the falls.  I am sure that makes me a horrible person, but as a lawyer I am used to the idea that most people consider me a horrible person. 

Right now I am looking for dress ideas to create costumes for a duet based upon marshmallows.  Only little girls can get away with wanting to look like a giant puff ball.  Since marshmallows are white, they will need additional sparkle to get the attention of the audience.  Generally when I am trying to figure out how much sparkle to add onto an item, I think plus one.  As in, go to the limits of good taste and add one more.  However, for this skating season I am going to have to think plus 1000.  I blame this sparkle fest on the Olympics.  Not many people can skate at a FS2 level or above, and so when a mere layperson watches your seven year old doing a half hearted sit spin, they will almost always exclaim "she should be in the Olympics".  And of course, if your DD or DS "should" be in the Olympics, then they should sparkle.  So get your sparkle on!

Speaking of competition season, my DD had a fantastic time at ISI 2013 Worlds.  She placed first in FS2 Artistic and was recalled for the special show with Ryan Bradley.  Given her success she is convinced that she deserves the plus 1000 rule.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150645175901699&set=a.442196101698.232733.117409556698&type=1&source=11


 
Love to watch ice skating - then check out icenetwork... 

No comments:

Post a Comment